AMPS Agronomist Position
Tamworth & Liverpool plains NSW
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a unique & well-established agribusiness with a strong focus on delivering value to grain grower and pasture based customers through a tailored range of products and services.
The role will be Tamworth based and work with a diverse range of customers including some irrigated and dryland cropping and fodder production for livestock based farming across the region. The successful applicant will take over some existing clientele and be expected to contribute to the business by building on that base.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following attributes;
- Must be a self starter with a demonstrated sound knowledge of commercial agronomy and field trial experience. Some cotton experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline eg. Agricultural Science, Plant Science etc.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). The ability to hold a conversation on farm and be genuinely interested in your clients business is essential.
- Minimum 2 years experience in agronomy.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi task at store level and re-prioritise as required.
- Demonstrated ability in influencing positive outcomes.
- Previous experience in positively managing client issues/relationships
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills with a high degree of resilience
- Be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion
- Applicants must have Australian citizenship as well as a valid Australian drivers licence.
Supported by a great “can do” team, the role has a blend of Research & Commercial activities, working closely with growers to deliver real practice change on farm. Tamworth is a vibrant and growing rural regional centre offering great health, education and recreational services for young families or singles. The Tamworth and Liverpool plains regions offer a diversity in work with a balance of water security and dryland agronomy.
Remuneration will be negotiated commensurate with your experience and your ability to add value to our business. Standard tools of trade package for the position apply.
For confidential inquiries and for a copy of the position description, please phone Nigel Herring on 0427474805 for a confidential discussion or apply via email
25 Gunnedah Road
Taminda NSW 2340
PO Box 3493
West Tamworth NSW 2340
Ph: 0267 622 677
Fax: 0267 622 678
Manager: Mark Simpson
70 Industrial Drive
Moree NSW 2400
Ph: 02 6752 9001
Fax: 02 6752 9002
Manager: Mark Morris
8 Merrigal Street
Armatree NSW 2831
Ph: 02 6848 5951
Fax: 02 6848 5957
Manager: Scott Bennett
109 Wee Waa Street
Walgett NSW 2343
Ph: 02 6828 1025
Fax: 02 6828 1014
Manager: Cliff Bramley
25 Gunnedah Road
Tamworth NSW 2340
Ph: 02 6762 2677
Fax: 02 6762 2678
Manager: David Winnick
690 Waverley Road
Caroona NSW 2343
Ph: 02 6747 4988
Fax: 02 6747 4989